For some vehicle owners, hand washing their car during the weekend has a therapeutic benefit. That's good for the car too as frequent washing is the best way to maintain a car finish.
Here are some tips to make your job easy and prevent damages:
1. Wash off dead bugs, bird droppings, and tree-sap mist as soon as they occur. Other than this, a weekly car wash will keep the finish in its best shape.
2. Rinse all surfaces thoroughly with water before you begin washing to remove loose dirt and debris that could cause scratching.
3. Once you begin, concentrate on one section at a time, washing and rinsing each area completely before moving on to the next one. This ensures that you have plenty of time to rinse before the soap dries. Start at the top, and then work your way around the car.
4. Use dedicated car-wash products, which are milder and specifically designed for use on automotive paint than the household cleaning products. Apply the suds with a large, soft natural sponge.
5. Use a separate bucket to rinse the sponge - this way the dirt is kept from getting mixed into the sudsy wash water.
6. For grease, rubber and road-tar deposits use a soft, nonabrasive cloth as they can quickly blacken your sponge.
7. Use a separate sponge to clean the wheels and tyres, which may be coated with sand, brake dust, and other debris that could mark the car's finish. Mild soap and water may work here; if not, a dedicated wheel cleaner may be required.
8. Don’t wash your car when the body is hot, such as immediately after driving it or after it has been parked in direct sunlight for a while. Heat speeds the drying of soap and water, making washing more difficult and increasing the chances that spots or deposits will form.
9. To avoid cobwebby scratches, follow the contours of the surface rather than going in circles. Be thorough but gentle; vigorous scrubbing can scratch and remove the paint.
10. Use a soft microfiber cloth or a soft towel to dry the car, air drying is not a good option. If you choose towels, you may need several.
SPOILING YOU AND YOUR CAR THIS WINTER
If you are not one of those who find that hand washing their car is a therapy, you might consider our current special offer:
For only $39.95 we wash and vacuum your car and also provide a winter 10-point safety check. And this is not all: while we are doing this for your car, you can enjoy a café-style coffee on us and take advantage of the FREE WIFI area in the waiting lounge. You can work or just catch up with your friends online.
SAVE a massive $95!!!