Parts Manager - Simon Lucas Motors
- Are you hungry for success and looking for your next challenge?
- Our business is growing and we need you!!!
- Join the fast and efficient team at Simon Lucas North Shore in Wairau Valley
Simon Lucas Motors is an eleven time winner of Mitsubishi's overall Diamond Dealer Award, and multiple winner of Sales, Service and Parts individual and Department awards. We believe in the achievement of excellence through on-going professional development of our team which drives the evolution of the organisation. A commitment to continuous, gradual improvement means we spend more money on training courses per staff member than any other dealership in Mitsubishi’s national dealer network.
We are an organisation that values honesty and integrity in all of our dealings between our staff and with our customers and suppliers. We want you to be able to both do your own job well and also to bring a positive attitude that enhances everybody’s ability to do their jobs proficiently and enjoyably.
We're looking for someone with strong communication and listening skills, who gains genuine enjoyment from interacting with a wide variety of people. A positive attitude, sense of humour and the ability to fit in with and complement our existing staff and team environment are important, as we like our workplace to be both high performing and enjoyable. We also recognise that work is only part of your life so our friendly working environment is supportive of employees leading balanced lives.
Key duties include:
- Identifying new opportunities and growing the customer portfolio, while also maintaining focus on customer retention,
- Maintaining and growing the profitability of the Parts operation,
- Developing and maintaining great working relationships with our customers and suppliers,
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of stock control and inventory management,
- Driving and encouraging the desired culture and company values,
- Managing a small, dedicated team of parts people,
- Day to day operational management and automotive parts department tasks.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
- Fluent written and spoken English,
- A vibrant and dynamic personality,
- Good attention to detail,
- An ability to understand customers’ needs and desire to translate these into sales,
- Great problem solving and initiative,
- Excellent time management skills,
- Ability to prioritise competing tasks and demands,
- Experience with using Partstrader,
- Experience with marketing and maybe possessing a creative flair,
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Outlook (training will be provided for dealership specific systems such as Units, VOLS and Warranty),
- Full, clean NZ driver’s licence.
As well as working with a great team in our modern showroom, we can offer you:
- An attractive remuneration package,
- A drive vehicle with fuel card,
- Subsidised gym membership,
- Subsidised medical insurance,
- A friendly work environment where hard work is rewarded,
- Opportunities to develop your skills and career within the dealership and the motor industry.
Some technical / mechanical understanding and experience within the automotive industry would be a bonus, but is not essential. We want someone who wants to make big things happen and who has the right attitude to complement our existing staff and team environment. If you think you have the right outlook and experience to excel in this environment, APPLY NOW at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.