1. First of all, the PHEV has the same levels of safety as its petrol and diesel counterparts, including Mitsubishi-Assist (but that’s in the VRX only).
2. The Forward Collision Mitigation is a radar that identifies obstructions ahead and warns you of a potential collision. If the risk remains, the breaks are automatically applied (VRX only again).
3. The Adaptive Cruise Control is pretty useful. The radar in the grille matches your cruise control with whatever you’re following, taking brake and acceleration adjustments into account too.
4. The PHEV is fitted with an Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System that lets off a warning tone to alert pedestrians near the vehicle when driving because it runs so quietly. The alert pitch alters with the vehicle’s speed.
5. The PHEV is packing seven airbags as standard protection. It doesn’t matter which angle an impact may occur, there’s an airbag to counter it:
• Driver and passenger-side SRS airbags
• Side and curtain SRS airbags
• Driver-side SRS kneebag
Experience the PHEV’s safety features yourself (but don’t try too hard); book a test drive with us by calling 0800 001 107