Vehicle Service Technician - Simon Lucas Motors
• Qualified, WOF Certified Technician / Mechanic
• Competitive Remuneration and Bonus Incentives
• Join the team at Simon Lucas North Shore in Glenfield
Simon Lucas North Shore is an award winning dealership with Mitsubishi and Great Wall vehicle sales and service franchises. We are a nine time winner of Mitsubishi's Diamond Dealer Award, and a top performing dealer with the Great Wall franchise. We also sell an assortment of premium used vehicles and customer trade-ins. Our Service Department has just won Mitsubishi’s Overall Service Excellence award.
We are an organisation that values honesty and integrity in all of our dealings between our staff, and with our customers. It’s not just about being able to do the job but also bringing a positive attitude that enhances everybody’s ability to enjoyably do their jobs.
We believe in the achievement of excellence through on-going professional development of our team which drives the evolution of the organisation. A commitment to continuous, gradual improvement means we spend more money on training courses per staff member than any other dealership in Mitsubishi’s national dealer network.
We're looking for someone with strong communication and listening skills, who gains genuine enjoyment from interacting with a wide variety of people. A positive attitude, sense of humour and the ability to fit in with and complement our existing staff and team environment are important, as we like our workplace to be both high performing and enjoyable. We also recognise that work is only part of your life, so our friendly working environment is supportive of employees leading balanced lives.
Our ideal applicant will be trade qualified and WOF certified. Diagnostic and/or auto electrical experience would be an advantage, but is not essential. The opportunity to perform a wide variety of work exists for the successful candidate who can demonstrate the following important skills and attributes:
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Great problem solving and initiative
• The ability to work unsupervised
• Excellent technical and mechanical skills in motor vehicle servicing and repair
• A commitment to professional growth and desire to proactively seek learning opportunities
• A commitment to positive behaviour that enhances the company’s operation/reputation
• A Full drivers licence - and can drive manual vehicles
• The ability to work well in a team environment
We're looking for someone with strong communication and listening skills who has a positive attitude to complement our existing staff and team environment.
We can offer you:
• An attractive remuneration package including bonus scheme
• Ongoing training and support
• Subsidised medical Insurance
• A culture of professional excellence where hard work is rewarded
• A place where employees are respected and encouraged to bring forward ideas that enable the organisation and its employees to grow and improve performance
• Opportunities to develop your skills and career
This is a role in one of New Zealand’s most successful, innovative and progressive dealerships. Take the opportunity to join our high performing workshop team and gain valuable experience to advance your career.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Click here for the position description.