- “MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER’S POSITIVE EXPERIENCE – NZ HERALD – SEPTEMBER 26 2014
- “OUTLANDER PHEV – IS IT JUST BETTER?” – AUTOCLIQUE – AUGUST 11 2014
- “OUTLANDER PLUG-IN HYBRID REVIEW” – ELEMENT MAGAZINE – AUGUST 8 2014
- “PLUGGING IN TO THE FUTURE” – NORTH & SOUTH – AUGUST 6 2014
- “HYBRIDS WILL GIVE YOU MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!” – SEVEN SHARP – JULY 1 2014
- “MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER’S DAY IN THE SUN” – ELEMENT MAGAZINE – JUNE 26 2014
- “A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW” – CAR & SUV – JUNE 24 2014
- “OUTLANDER PLUG-IN HYBRID AIMS FOR RALLY GLORY” – AUTOTALK – JUNE 24 2014
- “MITSUBISHI’S GROUNDBREAKING ELECTRIC-POWER OUTLANDER PHEV” – AUTOTRADER – JUNE 20 2014
- “THE GREEN MILESTONE” – M2 MAGAZINE – JUNE 12 2014
- “POWER TO THE PEOPLE” – NZ COMPANY VEHICLE – JUNE 10 2014
- “PLUG-IN, TURN ON, DRIVE OFF” – STUFF.CO.NZ MOTORING – JUNE 4 2014
- “OUTLANDER PHEV CREATES RIGHT BUZZ” – YAHOO AUTOS – JUNE 3 2014
- “PLUG & PLAY” – IDEALOG – JUNE 1 2014
- “RUGGED PLUG-IN” – AUTOCAR MAY 20 2014
- “OUTLANDER HYBRID DOES THE BUSINESS FOR MITSUBISHI” – NZ HERALD – MAY 8 2014
- “PHEV SPARKS INSTANT POWER SWITCH” – NZ YAHOO! – MAY 6 2014
- “QUIET BUT POWERFUL SUV TICKS ALL THE BOXES” – RURAL NEWS – MAY 5 2014
- “DEALER TRADES HUMMER FOR OUTLANDER PLUG-IN HYBRID” – AUTOTALK – MAY 5 2014
- “SPELLBINDING SUV” – BAY DRIVER – APRIL 24 2014
- “MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER PHEV -ROAD TEST” – NZ COMPANY VEHICLE – APRIL 9 2014
- “MITSUBISHI’S EXCITING PLUG-IN HITS NZ” – NZ COMPANY VEHICLE – APRIL 6 2014
- “FIRST DRIVE: MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER PLUG-IN HYBRID” OVERSTEER – MARCH 24 2014
- “ELECTRIC MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER A GAME CHANGER” STUFF.CO.NZ – MARCH 17 2014
- “CHARGE UP, DRIVE OFF, SAVE FUEL” STUFF.CO.NZ – MARCH 12 2014
- “MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER PLUG-IN HYBRID REVIEW” NZ HERALD – MARCH 12 2014
- “THE FUTURE OF SUVS?” 4WD NEWS – MARCH 9 2014
- “MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER PLUG-IN HYBRID REVIEW” RADIO LIVE – MARCH 9 2014
- “OUTLANDER’S ELECTRIC OPPORTUNITY” NZ YAHOO! – MARCH 7 2014
- “STRIKING THE RIGHT BALANCE” NZ COMPANY VEHICLE – FEBRUARY 14 2014
- “BATTERY OUTLANDER A POWER BROKER” NZ YAHOO! – DECEMBER 18 2013
- Green Car of the Year from the National Business Review
- Best Medium SUV from NZ Company Vehicle magazine
Meet the new Mitsubishi SUV that changes the electric car forever. Outlander Plug-in Hybrid combines the comfort, style and safety of the Mitsubishi Outlander with technology from the Pajero and fabled Lancer Evolution X. It truly is a vehicle without compromise.
• $1.41 - The cost to fully charge the batteries on the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
• 52 - The kilometres the vehicle can travel on a full charge
• 6.5 - The hours needed to charge the car
• $364 - Electricity costs per year (based on 38 kilometres travelled each day)
• $280 - Fuel costs per year (based on EECA tests)
• 6 Star - The Energywise rating from EECA
When you're out and about, you can fast-charge Outlander PHEV to 80% capacity in just 20 minutes. Fast charge stations are popping up around the country, with a new site added nearly every two weeks. Just plug in and the high current DC charge system will get you charged up faster than ever before. Find a station near you.
Three driving modes
The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV will be able to be operated in any of the three mode. Depending on driving conditions and battery level, the Outlander's Plug-in Hybrid EV powertrain automatically selects the optimum drive mode so you can enjoy worry free, fuel-efficient motoring:
- First mode will be as an all-electric vehicle, with the front and rear electric motors driving the Outlander using battery power only.
- The second mode will be as a series hybrid, with the petrol engine working as a generator to supply electricity to the motors.
- The third mode will be as a parallel hybrid, where the petrol engine will provide most of the motive power and will be assisted by the electric motors as required.
With the ability to drive 52 km in EV mode, the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV has a total extended hybrid range of more than 800 km.
A small yet powerful 2.0L MiVEC petrol engine has been selected for its quiet Electric Vehicle cruising potential and its ability to supply the two the electric motors with electricity.
The ultimate parking aid
The Multi Around View Monitor on VRX uses four cameras to give you a complete picture of what’s around you. Choose a specific angle or a bird’s eye view for the easiest park you’ve ever experienced.
Forward Collision Mitigation
Radar is used to identify obstructions ahead and warn of a potential collision. If the risk remains, this system applies the brakes to mitigate a collision.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Now, when the vehicle in front alters its speed, so does your cruise control. A radar mounted in the grille matches Outlander’s cruise control speed to whatever you’re following with appropriate adjustments of brake or accelerator.
Daytime running lights
For added safety and improved visibility, Outlander features daytime running lights. The headlights are now LED, which use less energy and increase the vehicle’s overall efficiency.
Keeping you out of harm's way
An innovation to help keep you out of harm’s way is the new mis-acceleration prevention system. While manoeuvring forwards or backwards, should the driver accidentally stamp on the gas pedal instead of the brake a device senses if there’s something in the way and instantly disables the throttle.
Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System
An alarm function alerts pedestrians near the vehicle when driving with the engine off (because the vehicle runs so quietly). The alarm has a different pitch depending on vehicle speed.
Unlike many hybrid vehicles the Outlander Plug-In Hybrid is tow rated to 750kg braked and unbraked.
8 Year Battery Warranty
The peace of mind you want from a Plug-in Hybrid EV is amply catered for by the 8 year/160,000km battery warranty. Combined with the 5 year/ 100,000km mechanical warranty, it adds up to a very reassuring drive.
5 Year / 100,000Km comprehensive Manufacturer’s Warranty plus 5 Years Premium Roadside Assist
5 year/100,000km - This is your comprehensive Manufacturer’s Warranty that covers your Outlander Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle.†
† Subject to free evaluation at your Mitsubishi Motors Dealer prior to 36 months of ownership
5 Years Premium Roadside Assist - In the event of a roadside breakdown or if you’ve just locked your keys in the car, this feature of the Outlander Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Warranty comes to your rescue.